Welcome to the Institute for Family Violence Studies’ Family Violence Online Tutorials!
Since 1999, the Institute has used its domestic violence manuals to train hundreds of human service professionals through live workshops. The success and popularity of the programs led to an overwhelming request for training sessions across the country. In order to meet the increasing demand for domestic abuse training, we have transformed our materials into Online Tutorials than anyone can access and complete. To access the tutorials, simply click on the appropriate link. Throughout the modules you will find case examples, self-quizzes, and case studies with which you can test your knowledge. After completion of each module, you will receive a certificate of completion for your records. You may complete as many of the Online Tutorials as you like! We hope these tutorials will help you to identify victims of abuse who might otherwise go unnoticed, and we would like to know if the training information proved useful to you in identifying victims of domestic abuse.
The Institute for Family Violence Studies does not issue Certificates of Completion or Continuing Education Units for completion of the inactive trainings on this page.
Active Domestic Violence Trainings
- Understanding Domestic Violence as a Social Service Professional (MOOC)
- The Intersection of Domestic Abuse and Child Victimization
Inactive Domestic Violence Trainings
- Domestic Violence 101: An Introduction to Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence: A Competency-Based Training Manual for WIC and Other Nutrition Program Staff
- Domestic Violence: A Competency-Based Training Manual for Community Mental Health Center Staff
- Domestic Abuse in Later Life: A Competency-Based Training Manual for Meals on Wheels Volunteers & Other Elder Services Staff
Please contact the Institute for Family Violence Studies with any questions at 850-644-1715.