Walk in My Shoes Rally to End Sexual Violence
The Walk in My Shoes Rally to End Sexual Abuse arrives in Tallahassee on April 23rd. Walk the final mile to the Old Capitol with Lauren Book, the founder of Lauren’s Kids, as she completes her 1,500 mile trek across the state of Florida to raise awareness about sexual abuse, advocate for abuse prevention and help survivors find their voice. Lauren is a survivor of childhood sexual abuse and started Lauren’s Kids to help others who have experienced sexual abuse.
To join the effort,
- Meet at Governor’s Square Mall (near JCPenney/Macy’s, SW corner of Mall) 1500 Apalachee Parkway in Tallahassee at 10:50 a.m. on Tuesday, April 23rd
- Bring your walking shoes and join Lauren and many others on the walk down Apalachee Parkway for the final mile to the steps of the Old Capitol
- The Rally on the steps of the Old Capitol starts at 12:00 p.m.
- Transportation back to the mall will be available
- Free t-shirts and bottled water for everyone joining the Walk!
Click here to register.
If you would like to attend the rally but can’t join the walk, please meet on the front steps of the Old Capitol at 12:00 p.m.
Join the effort. Spread the word. Check out Lauren’s Kids on Facebook.